Wednesday, December 28, 2005


An all-time favorite anime of mine...AKIRA. I ended up purchasing the McFarlaine versions of Kaneda & Tetsuo when they hit the store shelves. The detail on them were just incredible. So why create another Tetsuo? I new there was no way to match up to McFarlaine's skills, so I decided to get creative with Tetsuo's composition and give a more dramatic feel. Inspired by the part of the movie when Testuo loses control of his powers and his arm englufs the cop. Originally, the arm was to be 2 feet long...but ran out of Sculpey at the time. This was done when I was still attending AI in Seattle. Made of Sculpey, a Coca-Cola can for the cape, duct tape for his pants and an old remote control for his arm.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Gerald, this is awesome!! SOOOO COOOL!!! Do you make a lot of these sculpture?

2:11 PM  
Blogger TR said...

Did U do that??? you are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to thank U for your nice comments to my my blog and wish U a very Happy New Year!!!!!!

TR

4:41 PM  
Blogger Plantmonster said...

You gotta animate this!!!...if you have a stop motion camera, "gumby" style

7:12 PM  
Blogger Alexei Martins said...

AKIRA is my favorite anime too!!!!I LOVE AKIRA!!!!
AMAZING sculpture dude!!!!!!

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home